FRUGICO is a systemic fungicide for control of conservation diseases such as Gloeosporium and Botrytis on apples and pears. The fungicide FRUGICO is based on 250 g/l diethofencarb (active on certain fungus strains, resistant against benzimidazoles and dicarboximides) and always has to be used in combination with Thiophanate-methyl 70 WG (active on the sensitive strains).
- FRUGICO combined with Thiophanate-methyl 70 WG is a systemic fungicide with a protective and curative action.
- The most powerful weapon against Botrytis, including the BCM-resistant strains of Botrytis
- Very effective against Gloeosporium; suppresses all Gloeosporium resistance threats
- Perfect against Nectria
- Perfect in the anti-resistance strategy
- Perfect for lengthy conservation
- Apples and pears
- Dose: 1 l FRUGICO + 0.75 kg Thiophanate-methyl 70 WG per hectare vertical row (corresponding to 1.5 litres FRUGICO + 1.1 kg Thiophanate-methyl 70 WG per hectare standard orchard)
- Amount of water: 300-1,500 l water/ha
- When to apply: 4 to 6 weeks before harvest (maximum of 2 applications).
- Waiting time: 14 days before harvest.
- Dose: 0.1 to 0.15% FRUGICO mixed with 0.075 to 0.125 kg Thiophanate-methyl 70 WG per 100 litres water
Mode of action
The active ingredient diethofencarb is a systemic fungicide with protective and curative action. Diethofencarb is readily absorbed through the leaves and roots, and translocated throughout the plant. Diethofencarb inhibits mitosis in grey mould germ tubes.
Use according to the Pesticide Manual
The fungicide diethofencarb is used to control of benzimidazole-resistant strains of Botrytis spp. on vines, cucumbers, aubergines, tomatoes, strawberries, citrus fruit, lettuce, onions, and beans. Diethofencarb has secondary activity against powdery mildews (Cercospora, Venturia).
Globachem can offer you the following formulations, based on the active ingredient diethofencarb:
- Diethofencarb 250 SC (diethofencarb 250 g/l) – suspension concentrate
Commercial name: FRUGICO
Directions for use
At the present time, FRUGICO is only available in Belgium.